LB Motorsports Brand
Renegade Products - Banana Wax Vehicle Body Wax
What is Vehicle Body Wax?
Vehicle wax is a detailing product that provides a protective layer to a vehicle's exterior surface and enhances its appearance. The primary purpose of this product is to add protection to the vehicle's paintwork. It protects against UV rays, dirt, grime, and other environmental elements. Body Wax enhances shine by giving the surface a deep and glossy reflective finish. This product fills small swirl marks and light oxidation to make the exterior surface appear smoother. This body wax also has water repellent properties that cause water particles to bead up and roll off the surface – this helps to prevent water marks or prolonged water damage. A quality body wax will provide longevity and make it easier to clean your vehicle the next time around. Waxes can come in a variety of dorms such as liquid, spray, or paste. You can also find Body waxes that have fragrance in it – such as this Banana Body Wax that has a banana scent to it.
What Ingredients are Found in Vehicle Body Wax?
- Carnauba wax can be found in body waxes because it provides a deep shine and gives protection. It gives durability and adds to the water repelling properties. This wax is a high quality natural wax that comes from carnauba palm trees.
- Beeswax is also a natural wax and also gives protection and shine.
- Synthetic polymers enhance durability, longevity, and water-repelling properties. These polymers provide a protective layer. An example of a synthetic polymer is polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) or polyethylene.
- Solvents aid in the application and drying process while also helping the wax apply more evenly. Common solvents in these products are spirits, isopropyl alcohol, and naphtha.
- Emulsifiers and surfactants also help with the dispersion allowing for a smoother application and removal.
- Oils and Lubricants can be found in some body waxes because they enhance the gloss and shine of the finished surface.
- Fillers may be found in this product to help fill in the small swirl marks and minor surface imperfections.
- UV absorbers help prevent oxidation, fading, or sun damage on the vehicle's exterior and paintwork.
How to Use Vehicle Body Wax?
Using vehicle body wax can be straightforward , however, make sure to check the instructions on the product bottle that you are using beforehand. A general step-by-step process for using a body wax is as follows;
- You will want to start with a clean and prepped car before using the body wax. Use a car shampoo and a microfiber wash mitt to avoid any scratches.
- Rinse and dry with a clean microfiber towel.
- Apply 3 drops to the applicator sponge and start in small sections of the vehicle. Use up and down motions, then side to side motions for an even coating.
- Let the wax sit for a duration of five minutes before buffing.
- For the final steps, use a clean microfiber towel to buff the product into the surface of the vehicle and to remove any excess product. You will be left with a nice and shiny vehicle.
- Once you have finished, inspect the vehicle for any areas that may need touch-ups.
SDS Sheet for the Banana Wax
Click the link to access the Banana Wax SDS Sheet