LB Motorsports Brand
Renegade Products - Dr. Carpet Plus Spot & Stain Remover
Dr. Carpet Plus Spot & Stain Remover
What is Spot and Stain Remover?
In the detailing world, spot and stain remover is specially formulated to remove the toughest of stains from a vehicle's interior surfaces. This product can be used on all modern fabrics such as carpets, upholstery, and even velour. Spot and stain remover is very effective in dissolving and lifting stains, spills, and stubborn marks. These products work almost instantly and provide a deep clean to the interior surface.
What Chemicals are in Spot and Stain Removers?
Ingredients and formulation may vary from brand to brand, however, some common chemicals that are found in majority of these products are
- Surfactants which help to break down and lift stains from surfaces. Surfactants allow for water penetration by reducing the tension of water – making it easier to loosen the dirt. Common types of surfactants are alkyl sulfates, alkylbenzenesulfonates, and ethoxylated alcohols.
- Enzymes also break down stubborn stains. Types of enzymes in spot and stain removers are proteases, amylases, or lipases.
- Solvents dissolve grease, oils, or other similar contaminants. Isopropyl alcohol, glycol ethers, and propylene ethers are solvents that you may find in this product.
- pH adjusters may be added to these formulas to optimize the cleaning process. They work to modify the acidity of a solution depending on the type of stain that needs to be treated.
- Fragrances can also be found in spot and stain removers to provide a pleasant scent to mask the odors.
How to use Spot and Stain Remover ?
Spot and stain removers on the market can vary in instructions. A general guide to using this product is as follows:
- Start by preparing your vehicle. Vacuum to remove any loose dirt or particles from the affected area.
- Apply the spot and stain remover to the surface and gently agitate using a Horse Hair Upholstery Brush.
- Allow for the solution to penetrate into the stain.
- If needed, remove any excess product with a clean microfiber towel.
SDS Sheet for the Spot and Stain Remover
Click the link to access the Spot and Stain Remover SDS Sheet